Monday, October 05, 2009

Quick Walk

Blood Plums

Almonds
Blogtoberfest day 5

Its been raining here since friday afternoon & with Sally going in & out all the time im fighting the muddy foot prints, luckily we have the kitchen blocked off.
went for a walk down to the chook yard, umbrella in hand & my Sally girl by my side.
went in & said hello to the girls & checked for some eggs { five in hand}
headed on back toward the house checking on all the trees & to my surprise i have found out that 2 of them are almond trees {mmm nuts}.
so my fruit/nut tree list is as follows so far

2 Almonds
2 Blood Plums
3 Figs
3 Oranges
1 Mandarin
1 Grapefruit {Yellow}
1 Lemon
1 Raspberry
1 Loganberry
1 Apricot
1 Hazelnut {need to get another as Sally kindly ripped out the other & chewed it up}

there are a few more that need to be identified, i think there are at least 2 peaches & 2 nectarine's & maybe a pear as well.

its pouring down rain again & the water is flowing out of the full water tank, its such a waste.
we really need to get a couple more water tanks, mmm but one project at a time

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

oh wow...all those trees and all grown up for you to enjoy the fruit/nuts - I'm so jealous!! I remember the satisfaction we had pulling up the horrible lino in the kitchen here and polishing the boards and after seeing your last place I can only imagine how lovely this will look when you create what you want. Happy nesting! And good on you for doing the 'fest two years running! I just don't have it in me this year but who knows, I might change my mind!

Anne said...

Wow!.... look at all the fruit on your trees!

Chris said...

Very much liking the fruit dripping off those gorgeous trees. And I love the sound of all that rain you're getting. The gardens going to love it!

The chicken house looks nice and cosy for the girls too. :)