Friday, November 07, 2008

Pears


on Wednesday i brought home a box of Organic Pears from work
now i need all your Pear recipes

i have just made Pear Ice Cream
& have a recipe for Pear & Cinnamon Muffins that i will make on sunday
also a Chocolate Pear tart

so if you have a great recipe or one you havent tried yet, send it to me & ill give it a go
either email it to me or put it in the comments

has anyone ever dried Pears in the oven? if so i could use your hints & tips

i had one for morning tea, they are oh so sweet & smell devinne :o)

6 comments:

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

The chocolate pear tart sounds heaven! You'll have to share the recipe when you've tested it.

I'd have to check my books to find pear recipes, but off-hand I'd suggest pear crumble for something easy. I've also had a divine pear cake which had almond meal in it (but I haven't got a recipe) - worth googling, I reckon...

Anne said...

There is Pear and Ginger Cake!
I can't find the recipe at the moment but I love the Pear and Ginger Cake at the Hominy(I think that is how you spell it) Bakery in Katoomba.

I've given you an award. Check out my last post for details.

greenfumb said...

I always eat my pears raw but that pear and chocolate tart sounds fab - do post the recipe when you get a chance.

Jacqueline said...

I don't think you can go past a poached pair myself and my mum used to put them into preserve jars and we'd eat them all winter. There's a great red wine and pear recipe in my old MF book - I'll email it to you!

Jacqueline said...

oh yeah that pear and ginger cake from Hominy is HEAVENLY!! A friend brought me a piece to work and it was lovely so I bought a whole cake to take to my inlaws and it was a hit!!

earthmotherwithin said...

Pears go very well simmered with red wine. They go a lovely pink colour. Just add a little sugar and pop them whole but unpeeled into the oven at no more than 180 degrees until they are cooked,