Monday, September 15, 2008

Waffle Knit Dishcloth


here is the pattern for the dishcloths i made, it came from the Homespun Living Blog

Waffle Knit Dishcloth

from Homespun Living

i use 8ply cotton crochet & knitting yarn; additional yarn for colored stripe, if desired.
Size 4 1/2mm needles

Directions:

Cast on 38 stitches.
Knit 3 rows for border.

Row 1: (right side): Knit.

Row 2: K 3, purl to last 3 stitches, k 3.

Row 3: K 3, (P 2, k 1) 10 times, p 2, k 3.

Row 4: K 3, (K 2, p 1) 10 times, k 5.

Repeat these 4 rows, 6 times. If a colored center stripe is desired, change yarn now and work rows 1 – 4, 2 times in desired color.
Change back to main color and work the 4 row pattern, 6 times.

Knit last 4 rows.
Cast off and weave in ends.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow that looks so easy, thanks for that.

Jacqueline said...

was wondering...would you consider a swap for some of these? I can't knit to save myself! Or I could buy some off you?
PS the little veg bags are really nice but I'm sorted on that front!

Jacqueline said...

Don't know what I could swap...but I like the idea. Maybe email me (address is on my blog) and we can sort something out!

Anonymous said...

Oh thankyou for the pattern it is my shopping day so I might just have to stop and get some cotton! ~Emily

Megan said...

Hi, Chooks'r'us sent me this way to see your washcloths. Love your whole blog concept.

These washcloths look fabulous. I must try this pattern.

We are having a washcloth giveaway over our way (www.beforeourtime.com. Closes Friday if you are interested.